We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Mystery error dialogue box
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Mystery error dialogue box (Read 1189 times)
Mystery error dialogue box
Dec 13th, 2009, 6:19am

Hi, I have just noticed when running one of my sketches, that every now and again (possibly as my sketch is trying to contact the internet) I see a flash of a dialogue box - grey box, yellow triangle icon - maybe a warning sign? but then the box is gone, nothing error-like prints to the console..

Any ideas what this could be? - My mac recently died, so im trying not to let anything bad happen to my new one!
Thanks, L.
Re: Mystery error dialogue box
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2009, 12:55pm

Maybe share the code so someone can take a look.
Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2009, 1:54pm

The yellow triangle icon, which is beside (top-right corner) of an applet generated pop-up window, is the Java warning to be careful with such window which comes from Internet, not from the internal system.
Can't say much more given the precision of the description... Smiley
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2009, 3:34am

Ok, yeah sorry about the slightly lacking description! - PhiLo, is this a normal window to see then when running an applet that checks a webpage (on another server etc from my own) then? Thanks for your ideas!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1