We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
building processing 0069 (Read 1654 times)
building processing 0069
Dec 10th, 2009, 4:47pm

Someone dropped a really old processing sketch in my lap and I was hoping to get it up and running. Unfortunately, the API has changed substantially since this thing was written.

I downloaded the source for processing 0069, but it has a dependency on 'bagel', which is now part of core. The build script tries to checkout bagel from a sourceforge CVS repo, but fails (cuz it ain't there anymore). Anyone have any ideas where I might find a matching version of bagel? Or perhaps an archived processing binary? Preferably OS X, but Windows is ok.
Re: building processing 0069
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2009, 11:41pm

wouldn't porting the old sketch to new processing be more valuable than resurrecting an old version?
Re: building processing 0069
Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2009, 12:36am

Well... yes and no. I actually want to port it to openframeworks. There's a lot of unnecessary junk in the sketch, though. Getting it up and running in the old processing would make it much easier to separate the wheat from the chaff - through aggressive commenting out of code.

I tried porting it to the new Processing, but after an hour or so of hacking, I threw my hands up. It went through some very nasty API changes. There's some Java-fu lurking somewhere in the dark recesses of my brain, but what can I say? I'm lazy.  Tongue
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1