We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Open CV feeding data in to PureData
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Open CV feeding data in to PureData (Read 582 times)
Open CV feeding data in to PureData
Dec 10th, 2009, 2:29pm

Hi,

I'm using OpenCV to track the number of faces appearing in front of my web cam. I want to be able to count the number of faces and send that data in to PureData. I will then use these values to affect a video and sound.

The PureData part after I have it receiving data from Processing I can handle... I just need to know how to

a). Count faces
b). Send that data in to PureData

I really am awful at using Processing so a simplified answer would be perfect but any help or a prod in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bobby.
Re: Open CV feeding data in to PureData
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2009, 3:18pm

IIRC PD can take a TCP/IP connection so you could probably use the Network library to set up a server and send the data across from Processing.  From that point my memory gets hazy: I didn't take to PD and I haven't touched it since I finished my MA; but if you're stuck I could probably dig up some patches...  I think there's some pretty simple method of reading data off a network connection; can't remember how you'd filter it though.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1