We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Asteroids 0.2
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Asteroids 0.2 (Read 2175 times)
Asteroids 0.2
Dec 7th, 2009, 11:42am

I just uploaded a new and improved version of my Asteroids project (with some source code):

http://www.blindfish.co.uk/code/processing/asteroids02/

Constructive criticism is appreciated (especially in relation to the structure of the code that I have posted).
Re: Asteroids 0.2
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2010, 4:12am

I just wanted to say your game crashed my laptop Sad  - Ubuntu 9.10
First time it has crashed since I bought it.

Great game though. I looked at the source and can't see anything odd.

Mike
Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:14am

Vectrex revival ...  Smiley
Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2010, 6:43pm

Nice!

How about randomized asteroid shapes?  Maybe occasional enemies?
Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2010, 3:10am

Wow - wasn't expecting this to surface again and sorry to hear it doesn't much like Ubuntu.  At what point did it crash?

I was going to sit down and draw a few more asteroid shapes and had considered adding enemies, but TBH it was really just a learning exercise for me; though maybe one I should revisit.  There were definitely a few things I felt needed addressing, and that was before adding any new functionality...
Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2010, 3:36am

It's working fine here in Ubuntu 9.10, with Java Sun 1.6.0_13 (in Opera and Firefox) except that for some reasons I can't get the applet on focus (can't get the keys working in Opera only).
Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2010, 3:54am

not a bad game when i thrusted i cudnt get it stationery again nr the middle though. remember playing this in my youth. i think i have lost my touch.
Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2010, 7:52pm

tested on my laptop running Firefox - great game, took me back 25 years.  I can't believe I used to pump quarters into a machine at the mall for hours playing this and now it's free.   Smiley

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1