We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Processing future
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing future (Read 1601 times)
Processing future
Nov 29th, 2009, 5:27pm

Now that Processing 1.0 is here, what change (if any) can we expect for Processing in the near future (say 3 to 5 years)?
Re: Processing future
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2009, 5:39pm

3-5 years ?
thats a long time. what can we expect next year would already be interesting. I would love to see some IDE enhancement for example. MIDE is a great example in my eyes...
Btw i am wondering why nobody ever starts to work on some tools.
When they were introduced i was really happy cause i thought a lot of people would start to work on some tools. but as far as i know there is only the greate timeline tool and the bezierdrawing tool.
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2009, 7:12pm

I would be interested in getting a peak into what else is in line for Processing. Are there updates, new rollouts, expanded capabilities, planned in the near future?
Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2009, 7:42pm

1.5 is to be OpenGL and video improvements.
2.0 is to be IDE improvements.

Right now, we're both extremely busy working on Processing related side projects. More to come on those.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1