We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Sketch does not work when embedding in browser
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Sketch does not work when embedding in browser (Read 1639 times)
Sketch does not work when embedding in browser
Nov 28th, 2009, 10:40pm

Hi, I have created a sketch using the ESS library to visualize live audio coming into the microphone in real-time. It works great when running on my computer, but when I export it and try to run it in a browser, all I get is a blank white box, with no errors.

Any idea why the sketch won't run in a browser? Thanks.
Re: Sketch does not work when embedding in browser
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2009, 2:16am

Sign the applet?
Applet relying on hardware settings must at least be signed, and I am not even sure it can work, this depends on Java back-end.
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2009, 9:26pm

Hey thanks for the reply Smiley

Well, I know that it is possible, since the code I am using is based off of this example: (would share the link, but apparently I am not allowed to do that until I make five posts, it the FFT example on the ESS documentation website)

But, I cannot decipher the HTML wrapper being used here, when I try to embed my own application into this wrapper it consistently fails.

What do you mean by "signing the applet"?
Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2009, 12:57am

CorpusCallosum wrote on Nov 29th, 2009, 9:26pm:
What do you mean by "signing the applet"

I suggest to type sign applet in the "Search processing.org" box at the top of the page...
First link mentions ESS, second one is the classical Hack explaining how to do it.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1