We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › how to save a high resolution JPEG
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
how to save a high resolution JPEG? (Read 2252 times)
how to save a high resolution JPEG?
Nov 24th, 2009, 10:56pm

I searched for tileSaver, but it seems it doesn't work....

I don't even know how to use a library... Embarrassed
Re: how to save a high resolution JPEG?
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2009, 11:24pm

anyway, can anyone give me a full simple example code about how to use a library and how to save a high-res image?

that's gonna save my life...
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2009, 12:03am

http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1248245155.html
or is probably a pdf the better solution
Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2009, 1:14am

Just make a big sketch surface. You can post-process the image with a good image viewer to change the DPI setting, if needed. You can also change the memory settings of Processing in its preferences dialog.
Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2009, 2:15am

That could work but depends on what you render and what you need in the end. If you really need Highres Data about 10.000x12.000 pixels for example like i used to need when i do print stuff. This is probably a big loss in quality.
Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2009, 11:43am

Cedric wrote on Nov 25th, 2009, 12:03am:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1248245155.html
or is probably a pdf the better solution

I was trying to decode the lines but I stuck at the very beginning of "import toxi.geom.*;"

I already download the unlekkerLib0003 library, but I don't know how to use this library.... Cry
Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2009, 11:44am

PhiLho  wrote on Nov 25th, 2009, 1:14am:
Just make a big sketch surface. You can post-process the image with a good image viewer to change the DPI setting, if needed. You can also change the memory settings of Processing in its preferences dialog.

I tried a bigger sketch surface, it didn't work, I need an image big enough to print in 36 * 42 inch size....
Reply #7 - Nov 25th, 2009, 12:04pm

when I trying to import libraries from Sketch menu, there are just default libraries.

I cannot find the download one called unlekker.util.TileSaver
Reply #8 - Nov 25th, 2009, 12:15pm

how to use a download library?

it seems like I got a lot of basic questions...
Reply #9 - Nov 25th, 2009, 12:46pm

go back to the threat i mentioned. at the end of it toxi posted some code. you can simply use this code by pasting it into a new tab, or at the end of your sketch.
Seems like this code needs the toxiclib. Load the toxiclib core from here : http://code.google.com/p/toxiclibs/downloads/list
and install it. You isntall a librarie by extracting it to your libraries folder.
The libraries folder is a folder that has to be created when used the first time. It should be in your processing sketch folder.
You can find your sketch folder by looking at File->Preferences...
Reply #10 - Nov 26th, 2009, 5:56pm

Thanks Cedric.

I finally used PDF to get the high-res image, but I don't know why when I zoomed in PDF, the image changed.

it supposed to look like this

but when I zoomed in, it looks like this

only several dots left.
Reply #11 - Nov 26th, 2009, 6:31pm

can you upload the pdf ? i will take a look and tell you why.

edit: ok i guess i know why, because you draw these lines by movint alot of ellipses, right? you probably used the pdf export that only exports a single frame. If you want to save everyframe with every ellipse you have to use an alternative way of exporting. It is described there too... but you probably get to many objects and opening the PDF becomes a problem... if it does, you should think about the HiRes Image again.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1