We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › new toxiclibs releases with more demos
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
new toxiclibs releases with more demos (Read 1702 times)
new toxiclibs releases with more demos
Nov 23rd, 2009, 1:16pm

Hi, just wanted to spread the news that I've released updates to the following toxiclibs packages & provided some more (& better) demos for all of them...

* toxiclibscore-0015
* audioutils-0005
* colorutils-0003
* verletphysics-0005
* volumeutils-0002

Get them from: http://toxiclibs.org/

A couple of screenshots of bundled Processing examples are below:

Combination of verletphysics, volumeutils & showcase of the new TriangleMesh class with OBJ export and binary STL export & import support.

Demo of applying waveform generators to create different types of 3D terrain.

Hope those of you who've been struggling to get going so far will have a bit better time now... With this release out of the door I can now also better focus on the website/wiki & tutorials...
Re: new toxiclibs releases with more demos
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2010, 1:48pm

Very exciting to come across this release!

In regards to audioutils: In Dec 2008, you mentioned:

* Because the underlying JOAL library has not received the same love from Sun as its sibling JOGL and has not been issued with a digitally signed certificate, you can't unfortunately use the library for projects running in a web browser.

Is this still the case

Found that blurb here:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/action_post_num_1229742216_virboard__title_PostReply.html

Thanks for your time!

--
Ayari
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2010, 2:50pm

That's still the case and I don't think is going to change/improve either. In fact, JOAL hasn't even been updated for a while and furthermore lacks currently support for 64bit Windows versions too...
Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2010, 7:58pm

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Any suggestions for libraries that assist in executing multiple sound clips simultaneously? I got very excited by the 96 you mentioned using audioutils.

Thanks again!

--
Ayari
Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2010, 9:50pm

I'm afraid, don't have any real experience with any of the other audio libs for Processing, but would guess that, if you're after that large amount of simultaneous audio channels, you're out of luck with any Java Sound API based code. JOAL is hardware accelerated so can easily handle it. Is it that important for you to have it running in a browser instead of a downloadable app?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1