We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Realtime MIDI sequencing of a JSyn ugen
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Realtime MIDI sequencing of a JSyn ugen? (Read 751 times)
Realtime MIDI sequencing of a JSyn ugen?
Nov 21st, 2009, 10:03am

I want to use the MIDI sequencer functionality provided with Processing libraries like SoundCipher or Promidi to trigger a simple JSyn unit generator like a sinewave.

I can create a JSyn ugen like the TUT_SineWave.java example from the JSyn SDK tutorial...

softsynth.com/jsyn/tutorial/TUT_SineWave.txt

...and I can create a SoundCipher sequencer instance like the Generating Beats example...

soundcipher.org/tutes/generating_beats/generating_beats_tute.html

...but how do I connect the dots between a MIDI generator and the receiver??

And is is it too much of a hassle using Promidi on a macbook pro?? I keep getting various errors when running examples even after installing the version with mandalone bundled which at least brought me past that pesky "array out of bounds" startup error.

Thanks in advance...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1