We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Create Illustrator blends
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Create Illustrator blends? (Read 1131 times)
Create Illustrator blends?
Nov 21st, 2009, 7:37am

Hi there, I tried to find some information about this subject but couldn't find it in the reference/forum.

I'm quite a beginner in the whole processing and scripting world but find it a interesting tool.

My question is (as the title might have given away), if it's possible to create a blend between two object. Lets say a circle and a square for starters.

And if possible, can the parameters be randomized? So that you give up the two shapes and then generate, a randomized creation rolles out of the to basic shapes.  
Re: Create Illustrator blends?
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2009, 11:25am

Similar question at Simple form tweening.
I gave a solution for circle to square, but no generic solution, I fear.
I suppose you have to define a bunch of bezier vertices, and find an algorithm to move the control and end points of the first shape to those of the second shape. Needing to merge or split if needed, if the number of points is different. And to ensure the shapes doesn't go wild...
A non trivial task!
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2009, 11:52am

Kinda in the right direction, to make it more clear, this is what I'm aiming for:

I'm guessing that creating a font generator is quite a task for a newbie in processing Wink
Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2009, 5:55am

fontlab has an option to merge 2 fonts to 1.
Then you can say I want it 90% to be rockwell and 10% futura etc.
Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2009, 6:53am

yes. i think if this is what you are aiming for. processing is probably not the right tool in this case.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1