We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › My Processing (and other) projects.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
My Processing (and other) projects. (Read 1830 times)
My Processing (and other) projects.
Nov 14th, 2009, 7:54pm

I'm doing a lot of work in Processing now. I started working in Java early this year, and discovered Processing a few months later. Before that, I was doing pre-rendered abstract video works for a couple of years.

I trained in Fine Arts, majoring in painting, so my main interest is still in abstract painting, and especially colour. I still consider my work to be in the abstract painting tradition - I'm just really excited about the generative and interactive possibilities of programming art now - and exploring the possibilities of abstract painting further in this medium.

My blog is at gileswhitaker.wordpress.com

I just have images there at the moment, but might find somewehere I can post the applets soon.
Re: My Processing (and other) projects.
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2009, 6:12pm

thats some really cool stuff you got there
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2009, 8:13pm

Giles, openprocessing.org is a pretty good site to host the applets. However, the applets posted there are under the creative sharing license paradigm.

www.croopier.com is a good site as well and providing a link to the source is optional.
Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2009, 8:48pm

Thanks for the links. That Croopier site is very interesting - politically engaged games. I'd like to exhibit my work somewhere first (still working on that), and release the source code after that.
Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2009, 11:50am

Nice work on your blog.
Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2009, 2:52am

nice work!
Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2009, 7:54pm

Thanks...it's good to get encouragement!
Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2009, 3:02am

Very interesting blog!
Reply #8 - Nov 27th, 2009, 1:00pm

Thanks! I'm going to put a couple more things up there today. I'm interested in exhibiting some of these works....so if anyone can recommend any suitable galleries in the Toronto/Hamilton/London (Ontario) area, let me know....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1