We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › High resolution outputs
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
High resolution outputs (Read 1427 times)
High resolution outputs
Nov 5th, 2009, 4:17pm

Hey,

Im designing a 20"x30" poster for a Toronto Sound art Festival and Im using processing to create the visuals for the poster.

Only problem is, I seem to be limited to 72 px/in (screen resolution) outputs and are restricted by the size of my monitor. I need my outputs at 300 dpi or higher.  I would need my output to be 6000x9000 px to be high enough quality for the printed poster.

Is there anyway to change the resolution output? or scale down the java app on my monitor so I can fit 6000x9000 on my screen?  Or any other solutions?
Re: High resolution outputs
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2009, 4:23pm

If you want higher resolution search for tileSaver. Marius watz has a library that is able to save in higher resolutions. But i think it is not workin with the newest versions.  Toxi posted some working code though...

http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1248245155.html

another way would be pdf output, but it depends on what you are actually drawing.
Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2010, 8:05pm

Hey David, did you ever find a working solution to your problem? I have a similar situation and am looking for a way to up the dpi all while trying to fit it onto my laptop monitor.

please let me know if you can. Thanks
Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2010, 11:07pm

way mentioned , working with toxis code still works.
Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2010, 1:07am

DPI isn't an issue, it is just an indicative number showing how to map pixels to inches.
You can output to 72dpi then open in any good image viewer and change the resolution to 300dpi (for example) and save back without altering the image itself.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1