We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpElectronics,  Serial Library › Send image to the Serial port
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send image to the Serial port? (Read 1537 times)
Send image to the Serial port?
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:16am

Hello all,

This is my first post,  and I have a question.  I know it's possible to load an image file using the "image" command,  but I need to send that image file to the serial port,  based on certain actions in the Processing script.  Example:  If "A" happens,  then load image "A" and send it out the serial port to a USB device, and so on.

Is this is possible,  and if so,  what command would I use to do this?  I have searched the reference,  but am not having much luck.

I'm still very new to the Processing environment,  so please excuse me if this is a stupid question.

Thank you very much to anyone who can help...

Jim
Re: Send image to the Serial port?
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2009, 2:30pm

sending it to the serial port to what kind of device?
Re: Send image to the Serial port?
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2009, 3:58pm

Cedric,  thanks for the reply.

What I would like to do is based on a certain event,  I want Processing to load a specific image file(.jpg file from the data directory) and then send that image file out to a USB digital photo frame.  I would have 4 action events, which would correspond to 4 separate jpg files,  and would display those images as certain events occur.

It's basically an automatic detector of certain atmospheric events..

Jim
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1