We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › How to import library (IR sensor and Wii)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How to import library? (IR sensor and Wii) (Read 2855 times)
How to import library? (IR sensor and Wii)
Oct 25th, 2009, 6:01pm

Hi, I am very new to processing but I saw this done by a Processing user (his name is Classiclll)

geocities.jp/classiclll_newweb/IR_Sensor_Test/applet/index.html

and So I got his code from his website and downloaded the two required libraries.

de.sourceforge.jp/projects/wrj4p5/downloads/39782/Loc.jar/
de.sourceforge.jp/projects/wrj4p5/downloads/39784/wrj4P5.jar/

The libraries are essentially folders full of .class files. The processing code to import the two libraries look like this:

import lll.wrj4P5.*;
import lll.Loc.*;

but no matter what i do, i keep getting an error "libraries must be installed in a folder named 'libraries' inside the 'sketchbook' folder.
"

Inside the folder that contains my pde file, i have created a folder called libraries. and have put the libraries in here.

I guess my question is, how does the import library command work when the library that i am trying to load is actually a folder full of .class files?
Re: How to import library? (IR sensor and Wii)
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2009, 11:21pm

Such question belong more to Other Libraries section...
And sketchbook folder isn't the sketch folder, it is the folder holding all the sketch folders! So put the 'libraries' folder at the same level as you sketch one.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1