We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Outputting Animation from Processing into another
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Outputting Animation from Processing into another (Read 1483 times)
Outputting Animation from Processing into another
Oct 21st, 2009, 2:50pm

Hi,

Is there a way to output the animation from processing into another program such as MAYA.

Here is what I want to achieve.  Essentially, I want to create a skeleton of nodes and springs and use as the underlying structure in a 3d model in MAYA.  

So, the skeleton (from processing) would have other surfaces and geometry (MAYA) linked to it.  The end result would be an animation of a surface using the processing Lines and Nodes as its underlying structure..

anyway to achieve this?
ps, it doesnt have to be MAYA, any animation/modeling program will be okay

thanks
Re: Outputting Animation from Processing into another
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2009, 4:19pm

I would say it depends on how you can import files into Maya or any other 3d programm. I know people who wrote a programm that exported coordinates, to later import them in Rhino for later modelling. But I would say, an animated Skeleton is different though. It depends on the possibilities of importing those files.  Maybe there are other ways to import those nodes you created. Like rendering a video with markers, and the software somehow supports tracking those markers and link them to a model. But like i said, it depends on the programm you use and what it offers you in this case. I couldnt tell a working way right away
Re: Outputting Animation from Processing into another
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2010, 11:39am

It seems you can write the maya custom .anim file format – I'M just in the process of evaluating. Can keep you posted , if you like…

Cheers from Berlin,

HWK
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1