We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Buttons in Applet
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Buttons in Applet (Read 1418 times)
Buttons in Applet
Oct 21st, 2009, 1:27am

guys i have made a program for image filters and now i am tryin to export in applet and i want to add button in applet so that and image file located on my computer can  be given to program to process it......

any idea how to proceed for that......

Thank u guys!!!!
Re: Buttons in Applet
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2009, 2:53am

See selectInput(), but you will have to sign the applet to make it work.
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2009, 1:08pm

thanks alot for reply but what does signing aplet means???
Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2009, 1:30pm

Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2009, 4:34pm

Thanks alot for ur replies.........

I have implemented the code and facing some prob.

Idea is user can input image thru internet and i'll do the image processing on image and return the processed image.

As told i am taking image by

String imgName = selectInput();
 img = loadImage(imgName);

size(img.width, img.height);

Then some image processing in which i am using one function which i suspect may cause a problem for web......but i am not sure

Func is : image(img, 0, 0);

Once i am done with image processing I ask user where to save the processed file

String savePath = selectOutput();
save(savePath);

It is working on my PC when i run through processing....It ask for image and ask where to save and save image is fine.....

But when I export the program and run the servlet, it ask for input image but do nothing after that. I won't show any window to save output image......

PLease guide if anybdy know how to proceed....

Thanks!!!!
Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2009, 11:15pm

img() is not a problem.
But perhaps save() is. Since it is a more destructive call, it might be even more restricted than load.
I admit I never tried to save on local disk from an applet, I should try and see what is going on.
Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2009, 1:20pm

Thanks alot for replying..........

I am wondering No bdy here knows anything about it????

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1