We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Trying to generate an audio sample and play it
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Trying to generate an audio sample and play it (Read 1196 times)
Trying to generate an audio sample and play it
Oct 20th, 2009, 3:05pm

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a sine wave with a with of say 0.1 second and play it when I need it, quickly enough. I have read about audio output and audio sample. It seems to me that I can create an audio sample and load a sound file to its buffer and trigger it at any time to play. Great! I don't want to load a sound file. Can I just create an audio sample and somehow fill its buffers with a sine wave? How do I create an audio sample with a buffer and how to modify it? Thanks.
Re: Trying to generate an audio sample and play it
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2009, 8:12pm

Reporting back on this issue:
I've found a way to create an empty audio sample, where I can create anything in it and play it. I must have taken a long route. As I was finishing this reply I found the createSample example in the complete package of minim. It explains everything. If you have a similar question, just run that program.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1