We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Minim 2.02 in Processing 1.08 error
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minim 2.02 in Processing 1.08 error (Read 3364 times)
Minim 2.02 in Processing 1.08 error
Oct 19th, 2009, 8:04am

After upgrading to Processing 1.08, I get this error.

Quote:
=== Minim Error ===
=== Likely buffer underrun in AudioOutput.

As far as I can tell, everything still works fine.  Thoughts?

Code:
import ddf.minim.*;  // sound library

Minim minim;
AudioSample button1;

void setup(){
  minim = new Minim(this);
  button1 = minim.loadSample("highfx.mp3");
}
void stop() {
 button1.close();
 minim.stop();
 super.stop();
}
Re: Minim 2.02 in Processing 1.08 error
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2009, 4:23pm

I'm having the same problem, it just started happening. After getting that error message once it seems like something happened to all the minim related sketches because now all the examples I load have a loud buzzing sound. Any idea where this buzzing sound is coming from?
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2009, 1:43am

i am wondering if instead of an error it's more an improvment Smiley

this buffer underrun messages were maybe added with 2.02. it's just that you were not notified before.

what do you think ?
Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2009, 6:56pm

Yes, I put that error in recently. I'm pretty sure that you see it at the beginning of a sketch because the condition for displaying it is that the output stream managed by the system doesn't have any audio queued in it. Of course this is always true right before you start generating sound at all. You should only be concerned if you see that error being spewed a whole lot.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1