We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Unable to download trunk (Read 3039 times)
Unable to download trunk
Oct 6th, 2009, 1:29pm

Hi, I've been trying to download the Processing trunk since last weekend following the directions in dev.processing.org/build/ but I get an error every time:

Error: Can't connect to host 'processing.org': A connection attempt failed because the
Error: connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established  
Error: connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.  

Is there anything I have to do differently?

Thanks
Re: Unable to download trunk
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2009, 11:00pm

Just did an 'svn update' without problem (beside some strange reports of conflict).
Try again?
Or check your firewall.
Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2009, 2:08am

Strange. I did the update on another computer, and beside the same conflict reports (like "Conflict discovered in 'opengl/src/processing/opengl/PGraphicsOpenGL.java'", I just answer 'tf' ie. take fully file on server), I got some cryptic "svn: Failed to add file 'app\src\processing\app\LibraryFolder.java': a file of the same name is already scheduled for addition with history".
After searching this error message on the Net (only 13 hits on Google!), I saw somebody solved the problem by just doing 'rm app\src\processing\app\LibraryFolder.java' and resuming the update... Radical but seems to work.
Not knowing Subversion enough (I switched from this, after a brief usage, to Bazaar, and I am happy with my choice!), I don't know what is going on.

I find also annoying to have enormous binary files in SVN (build\linux\jre.tgz, 48MB! - idem for build\windows\jre.zip, take forever to get by SVN). They should be made available separately...
Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2009, 12:34pm

Weird, I keep getting the same error. I don;t think it's my firewall because I do the same for other projects without a problem. But if this is only happening for me like it seems then it must be on my side.

I'm using tortoise, setting the "URL of repository:" to svn://processing.org/trunk/processing

Just to double check, do I need anything else?

Thanks a lot.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1