We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpElectronics,  Serial Library › Arduino, Processing & Apache
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Arduino, Processing & Apache (Read 2061 times)
Arduino, Processing & Apache
Oct 3rd, 2009, 4:18pm

Hi, this is my first post.

I've been really interested in using Processing to control the Arduino, and vice versa. I've done little tests that have worked, but now I want to try it via a web server/browser.

So I figured the first step is to produce an applet from one of my tests. I'm using the code from the LED blink example found on the Arduino Playground website (I can't link to it yet on this forum). It works when I press the play button on the Processing IDE, and when I create an application out of it, but not when I create an applet and run it through a web browser.

Does anybody have any idea why it's not working as an applet?
Re: Arduino, Processing & Apache
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2009, 11:09pm

Nobody's done this successfully? Wow, I guess this was harder than I thought!  Grin
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2009, 1:11am

Could you provide more details about what you've already done, and what you are trying to do ?
Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2009, 7:49am

JR wrote on Oct 22nd, 2009, 1:11am:
Could you provide more details about what you've already done, and what you are trying to do

Hey, thanks for responding.

So what I'm trying to do is write a graphical interface in Processing to turn an LED on and off. I used interfascia to create a GUI with "on" and "off" buttons. Then I loaded the standard firmata into the Arduino to allow Processing to control it. This part was a success, turning the LED on and off works as expected.

I'd like to make it work on the web, and I'm running Apache2 on a LinuxMint computer. So, I exported it as an applet and put it in my public_html directory. However, when I try to load the page in my browser, nothing happens.

I'm wondering why it works when I export it as an application, but it doesn't when I export it as an applet for a webpage.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1