We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › error message acronyms/abbreviations
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
error message acronyms/abbreviations (Read 2460 times)
error message acronyms/abbreviations
Oct 1st, 2009, 8:12am

In the troubleshooting section it would be nice to see a list of error messages with likely explanations. In particular, explanations of the items listed after 'expected'. Expected DOT - what is DOT? etc.
Re: error message acronyms/abbreviations
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2009, 9:37am

I am not sure of want you are talking about. In the Troubleshooting page, I cannot find DOT and Expected only once.
Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2009, 9:58am

i guess thats the problem he is talking about.
he wants a better description of the errors processing prints
cause they are sometimes cryptical and you cant figure out what the actual problem is
Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2009, 10:55am

yes, Cedric - precisely
Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2009, 11:41am

Aah, I missed the point!
I suppose you talk about Processing error messages. Note that some diagnostics (error messages) are not accurate, so being too precise might be misleading... :-P
But seriously, I agree.
Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2009, 10:18am

Agreed. This is valuable. There's a short description of them in Shiffman's book as an appendix. We're working on a new wiki, this is an ideal category for that.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1