We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Applet using minim not getting audio permission
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Applet using minim not getting audio permission (Read 984 times)
Applet using minim not getting audio permission
Sep 29th, 2009, 2:21pm

I have made a small programm that use the FFT of the lineIn to module objects. it run right but when i make an applet i have the error:

==== JavaSound Minim Error ====
==== Error acquiring TargetDataLine: access denied (javax.sound.sampled.AudioPermission record)

The applet run but don't catch the line in. I have signed all the .jar in the applet with jar signer......

Anybody have an idea??

Re: Applet using minim not getting audio permission
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2009, 1:25pm

I wish I had a good answer for this. It used to be the case that applets were exported into a single jar file, which could be signed and would work no problem. Now it's not clear which of the jar files actually needs to be signed, or if all of them do. I think there is also a problem with browsers caching jar files and reusing the cached version, which might not be signed. Best you can do is sign all of the jar files in the directory and try to run it on a fresh boot. I wish there was an easier way to deal with this...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1