We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › modification to minim beatdetection
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
modification to minim beatdetection (Read 520 times)
modification to minim beatdetection
Sep 22nd, 2009, 6:49am

i have been using a modified version of minim's beat-detection object for use within my own projects rather frequently, its in its own library (built in eclipse) for use with processing sketches.

i modified the source from minim so its not much my code as it is the author of minim,  i added the following function callbacks that deal with sound data i would  normally use:

void notifyBeatEvent(int bin, float instant, float E, float V, float diff)
void handleSpectrum( float[] spectrum );
void handleWaveform( float[] waveform );

the events are called from an event-notifier that distributes the messages of beat-events to objects extending an BeatEvent class, there are probably a few additional functions that would also be useful.

any suggestions? or thoughts / opinions, if anyone thinks its useful let me know (with all respect to the author of minim and thanks for the beat-detection)

----
sum: i think the reason i made it into its own library was because when i started using eclipse in my own learning of how things work - it just seemed easier to have a simple little object set for dealing with beats, although im definately interested in streamlining it for release is just my efforts to contribute to the community.

-thanks, if there is any interest i can post my revisions, just let me know.

-Brian [ rook@rhythmverse.com ]
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1