We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpElectronics,  Serial Library › Best Arduino for beginners
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Best Arduino for beginners? (Read 2028 times)
Best Arduino for beginners?
Sep 16th, 2009, 4:44am

Hi, my first post here!
I'm really excited about Processing in general and the possibility to easily connect to custom hardware easily (I think?) specifically. I understand from reading this forum that the general Processing public chooses the Arduino boards for such experiments.
What I'd like to ask is what is the best Arduino model to start with for someone who has almost no experience with such stuff (I took microcontrollers course in colledge). Stuffs I think I'd like to experiment with are:
Basic sound processing, buttons, maybe output to leds and lights ...

Thank you very much!
Re: Best Arduino for beginners?
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2009, 4:53pm

You can't go wrong with the Duemilanove, it's the latest 'standard' Arduino and works great.
Of course there are plenty of options, from building your own to getting a Mega version. There are also alternatives like seeedstudios Rainbowduino which is intended for a particular type of use.

But the Duemilanove is reliable, reasonably cheap and everyone knows them.

/m
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2009, 3:27pm

Playing with it for 3 days now! It's great Cheesy
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2009, 8:08am

Do any of you use VHDL and FPGAs?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1