We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minim problems (Read 834 times)
Minim problems
Sep 12th, 2009, 4:04pm

Hi everybody,

I'm having problems with minim, in every example I try to run it says something like this:

java(587,0x8e2600) malloc: *** error for object 0x3: Non-aligned pointer being freed
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid output index: output.length=8192 outByteOffset=2 sampleCount=2048 format=10: 16bit signed little endian
     at org.tritonus.share.sampled.FloatSampleTools.float2byteGeneric(FloatSampleTools.j
ava:629)
     at org.tritonus.share.sampled.FloatSampleTools.float2byteGeneric(FloatSampleTools.j
ava:590)
     at org.tritonus.share.sampled.FloatSampleTools.float2byte(FloatSampleTools.java:509
)
     at org.tritonus.share.sampled.FloatSampleBuffer.convertToByteArray(FloatSampleBuffe
r.java:372)
     at ddf.mimin.javasound.JSBaseAudioRecordingStream.process(JSBaseAudioRecordingStrea
m.java:317)
     at ddf.mimin.javasound.JSBaseAudioRecordingStream.run(JSBaseAudioRecordingStream.ja
va:110)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

------

any idea?

I'm on powerbook, Os X 10.5.7

thanks in advance.

P
Re: Minim problems
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2009, 1:35pm

Have never seen anything like that, it looks like a pretty low-level problem. What version of Java are you running? Do you have the most recent version of Processing? These are the first two things I'd think to check.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1