We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › I am looking for Pattern Generation Algorithms
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
I am looking for Pattern Generation Algorithms (Read 1859 times)
I am looking for Pattern Generation Algorithms
Sep 9th, 2009, 1:21am

Hi, I am looking for material about pattern generation algorithms, there is a library but the links are broken, yes I try google for it, but no results that explain the process and how to code that kind of thing, if you happen to know please let me know

Many thanks
rS
Re: I am looking for Pattern Generation Algorithms
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2009, 5:15am

Could you tell us  a bit more about what kind of patterns you are looking for? what library is that btw. cause every programm is or at least could create some patterns somehow. So it depends on what you are looking for. Do you need tileable ones ?
I mean you could start with just some for loops generating some patterns...

Code:
void setup(){
size(500,500);
smooth();
}

void draw(){
background(255);
for(int i=0; i<=width; i=i+40){

stroke(255,0,0,100);
strokeWeight(20);
line(0,i,width,i);
line(i,0,i,height);

stroke(0,0,255,60);
strokeWeight(5);

line(0,i+20,width,i+20);
line(i+20,0,i+20,height);
}

}
Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2009, 5:55am

Hi Cedirc,

The lib is the one under Simulation / Math it is call Cell Noise

What I am looking for is animating (in a sync-random way) a hexagon tile base background, I al ready have the hexagons in 3D all layout filling the screen, at the moment I am playing with the blends and lighting in opengl, while I look for a way to animate them, for example strating fro the top-left hexagon rotates them the next 2 and so on, that kind of stuff

Hope that makes sense

Cheers
rS
Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2009, 6:07am

I think the term of "Pattern Generation Algorithms" is not correct for my needs, I am looking to animate all my hexagon tile background in a synchronize random way, not using noise, something more organic and organized

Cheers
rS
Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2009, 6:40am

something like this ? http://vimeo.com/6017151 ?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1