We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Exporting (Read 635 times)
Exporting
Sep 6th, 2009, 12:43am

I am completely new to Processing, but eager to dive in and armed with the Learning Processing book.  Anyway, I've got a problem already (no surprise), but one that I think is not my doing.

I'm a composer and have Logic Express Academic, and am running Processing on my MBP DuoCore. When I hit "Export" (Logic is not running at the time), the Apple Loops Utility sub program of Logic Express opens up in response. I have NO IDEA what to do with that and can't figure why it should open at all.  I tried reinstalling Processing, but it still happens.

Any help, thoughts?  
Re: Exporting
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2009, 4:46am

when i hit export (this is on linux) i get a file manager window opening pointing at the newly created directory. from there i just double click the index.html and can see the new code running in the browser.

am guessing it's trying to do the same on your mac but you've got a name clash or a file association problem somewhere.

what's the actual name of the process that starts, maybe that's a clue? (mine's nautilus, but i think it's more complicated than that as it needs to handle the multiple desktop managers in linux)
Re: Exporting
Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2009, 4:54am

code does this:
Code:

public void openFolder(File file) throws Exception {
String launcher = Preferences.get("launcher");
}

so it's using the launcher property in your preferences.txt file (or whatever mac equivalent is. mine says gnome-open, which ties in with what i see)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1