We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Did Snow Leopard break Sonia
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Did Snow Leopard break Sonia? (Read 1974 times)
Did Snow Leopard break Sonia?
Aug 31st, 2009, 8:17pm

Everything was working great until I upgraded.  Can anyone suggest a fix to this error?

Code:
Caught java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/amun/Library/Java/Extensions/libJSynV144.jnilib:  no suitable image found.  Did find:  /Users/amun/Library/Java/Extensions/libJSynV144.jnilib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

Caught java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no JSynNative in java.library.path
com.softsynth.jsyn.SynthException: JSyn error: Could not access JSyn synthesis engine.  -  JSyn not properly installed, or web page is not calling smart_embed_jsyn.js!, 0x0=0, 0x0=0

com.softsynth.jsyn.SynthException: JSyn error: Could not access JSyn synthesis engine.  -  JSyn not properly installed, or web page is not calling smart_embed_jsyn.js!, 0x0=0, 0x0=0

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" com.softsynth.jsyn.SynthException: JSyn error:  -  -  JSyn context is null. Engine not started?, 0x0=0, 0x0=0
at com.softsynth.jsyn.SynthObject.<init>(SynthObject.java:26)
at com.softsynth.jsyn.SynthChannelData.<init>   (SynthChannelData.java:39)
at com.softsynth.jsyn.SynthSample.<init>(SynthSample.java:67)
at com.softsynth.jsyn.SynthSample.<init>(SynthSample.java:73)
at com.softsynth.jsyn.SynthSample.<init>(SynthSample.java:130)
at pitaru.sonia_v2_9.LiveInput.start(LiveInput.java:88)
at pitaru.sonia_v2_9.LiveInput.start(LiveInput.java:154)
at munome$Sounds.<init>(munome.java:429)
at munome.setup(munome.java:55)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1403)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1328)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Re: Did Snow Leopard break Sonia?
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2009, 7:06pm

For some reason the examples on the Jsyn website and on the Sonia website work, but when I download their source and try and compile and run them on my machine they throw the error I posted previously.

I attempted to reinstall Jsyn and Sonia separately with no luck.  A google search for the key phrase in the error, "no matching architecture in universal wrapper," reveals a bunch of entries related to Snow Leopard.  No surprise there.

I'm at a loss and think I'm just going to change sound libraries...

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2009, 5:00am

Snow Leopard finally gave JAVA SE 6.0 to Mac users
Arduino however is NOT compatible with the JAVA SE 6.0, so you have to go back to JAVA SE 5.0
Hopefully you made a backup of your old system (chompingatbits.com/files/BACK_UP_JAVA_5_ON_LEOPARD.php)

When you restored JAVA SE 5.0, go to the Utilities folder in Applications.
Open the application Java Preferences
Move java 1.5 to the top (in the bottom box)
Restart processing.

Happy coding!

(Hopefully processing updates soon to work with JAVA SE 6.0)
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2009, 1:53pm

i switched to Java 5 and it got some processing sketches working again (the opencv stuff) but the sonia projects still are out of commission.

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2009, 1:55pm

Ok, got it to work again.  Like was suggested I reinstalled Java 5, switched over in my Java Preferences, and since I use Eclipse, I went into my JRE System Libraries 'Properties' and switched from "Java 1.5" to 'Workspace default JRE (JVM 1.5.0 (MacOS X Default))".

word.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1