We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Minim(this) constructor is undefined
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minim(this) constructor is undefined (Read 1169 times)
Minim(this) constructor is undefined
Aug 30th, 2009, 11:13pm

using processing 1.0.6 on osx (10.5.8) and when i try to initialize minim, i keep getting this error:

The constructor Minim( *NAME* ) is undefined

at first i thought i was just doing something wrong so i opened up some of the example files. and without editting them and just clicking run, i'm getting the same error.

is this a bug? or am i doing something wrong?

example code which doesn't work

Code:

import ddf.minim.*;

Minim minim;
AudioPlayer song;

void setup()
{
 size(100, 100);

minim = new Minim(this);

// this loads mysong.wav from the data folder
 song = minim.loadFile("mysong.wav");
 song.play();
}

void draw()
{
 background(0);
}

void stop()
{
 song.close();
 minim.stop();

super.stop();
}
Re: Minim(this) constructor is undefined
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2009, 3:20pm

You probably have an old version of Minim lying around somewhere. If you have the most recent version of Processing, it will have the version you want packaged with it, but you may still have an old version in your sketchbook's 'libraries' folder. Have a look there.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1