We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › SmackTop
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
SmackTop (Read 732 times)
SmackTop
Aug 27th, 2009, 11:09pm

Hello all -

This is my first post here, though I often read these boards for help.

I have just finished an application for Mac laptops (after 2005) which translates accelerometer data into MIDI data and audio.  This allows you to control your favorite DAW by tilting and smacking (tapping) your laptop.  This was built with Processing and Chuck.

(Since I am a n00b on these boards, it won't let me post a direct link). You should be able to find everything you need here: code.google.com/p/smacktop/

This is based on the following libraries by the following people.  Big thanks to:
           - sms by Daniel Shiffman
           - proMIDI by Christian Riekoff
           - controlP5, oscP5 by Andreas Schegel
           - themidibus by Severin Smith

I haven't yet setup any fancy (Mercurial) way of accessing the source code, but there is a source folder in the zip.

There is a lot of clunky code here (I have never programmed in Java before).  I'm hoping there may be a few people here interested in helping develop this to make it cleaner, faster and better.

Coming soon: Ableton Live MIDI Remote Script, To-Do file

Enjoy.  Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1