We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Beginner's error (Read 1654 times)
Beginner's error
Aug 27th, 2009, 8:45pm

Hi, I am running the intro sketch from the openGL entry and I get this error:

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: processing/opengl/PGraphicsOpenGL, method: bindTexture signature: (Lprocessing/core/PImage;)V) Bad access to protected data
     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
     at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2699)
     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1657)
     at processing.core.PApplet.makeGraphics(PApplet.java:1159)
     at processing.core.PApplet.size(PApplet.java:999)
     at processing.core.PApplet.size(PApplet.java:959)
     at sketch_aug27b.setup(sketch_aug27b.java:24)
     at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1403)
     at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1328)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

//
import processing.opengl.*;

float a;

void setup() {
 size(800, 600, OPENGL);
 fill(0, 153);
 noStroke();
}

void draw() {
 background(255);
 translate(width/2, height/2);
 rotateX(a);
 rotateY(a*2);
 rect(-200, -200, 400, 400);
 rotateX(PI/2);
 rect(-200, -200, 400, 400);
 a += 0.01;
}

//

Any help would be much appreciated.  Average processing user but beginner at OpenGL and would like to learn.  Thanks in advance. Smiley
Re: Beginner's error
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2009, 9:06pm

bindTexture?  PImage?  Those aren't even part of that code.  How odd.

Code works fine for me, for what it's worth.

I'd say make sure you don't have any other sketches running, but then I'd think you'd get a bootstrap error...
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2009, 10:53am

After I dragged
D:\processing\processing-1.0.6\libraries\opengl\src\processing\opengl\PGraphicsO
penGL.java
into the sketch, it ran without a problem.  It still doesn't work without it though.  I am probably missing something obvious...
Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2009, 10:59am

D:/ ?   are you running this from a CD / other unwritable drive?  It's possible that it needs to be on your C:/ drive to properly import openGL automatically...
Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2009, 12:29pm

Doesnt need to be on C: got it on D: too but like BenHem said, is it on a cd or just a different partition?
Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2009, 6:48am

It is just on a different partition.
Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2009, 12:54am

Had the same error, and realised that I had copied ALL legacy processing libraries to the ~/Documents/Processing/libraries/ folder (as they used to be in the Processing application folder. The duplicate opengl/ folder caused the trouble.

So, by removing ~/Documents/Processing/libraries/opengl things started working again. (this being from the os X perspective, but I suspect it might be similar for windows too..)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1