We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › joining a lot of sketches into one
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
joining a lot of sketches into one (Read 784 times)
joining a lot of sketches into one
Aug 18th, 2009, 3:24pm

Hello i have 5 processing sketches , each one is a scene for a performance. I need to trigger each scene sequencially,first the  scene one, then scene 2 , scene 3, 4 and 5 . Is there anyway of joining my 5 sketches into one, so i dont need to create one big sketch from my 5 sketches?  which is the best way of doing this?

thanks in advance

Seb.
Re: joining a lot of sketches into one
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2009, 5:10pm

maybe turning them into classes and running their methods.... i don't know! i had the same problem but instead of wanted a sequence i wanted to trigger them with key strokes that's what i did! turned each one of the sketch into a class!
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2009, 12:55am

I shown how to do this in Re: Sequencing, display update, and functions answer.
As brt guessed, you just have to turn your sketches into classes (see Drawers.pde) implementing the given interface (so the classes have a common API).
I made sketch changes time-triggered but it is easy to trigger it with a keystroke or mouse click or some other event.
Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2009, 12:37am

cool thanks, but one question is it possible to make something like flash or director with compiled sketches or applets? for example put my applets, or processsing apps into a time line as cast members in processing?
is something like this possible?

thanks

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2009, 1:25am

It might be possible, indeed. With quite some work...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1