We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Calling Processing App from Groovy
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Calling Processing App from Groovy (Read 755 times)
Calling Processing App from Groovy
Aug 2nd, 2009, 8:29am

Question:  How to call a Processing app from Groovy?  I've created a Processing app that takes its data from a couple of arrays inside the app.  I'd like to call the app from Groovy and pass the data to the app.

My Background:  New to Java, Groovy, and Processing.  Have created simple little apps in each of them, but still having a lot of trouble tying all of the pieces together.  Otherwise, retired from 25+ years in IT sales and support, and just trying to keep up with the new stuff!

Project Background:  Just a fun personal/learning project, but I thought that I'd create a visual way to compare recipes (like margaritas for example).  I've been struggling with how to create forms or text boxes within Processing for the user to enter the recipe(s), and so just to get started. I put some test data into a couple of arrays and worked out the graphics part of the project.   Now i need to have users actually enter their own data, and am open to ideas about the easiest way to do that.

I've spent several hours looking through the various help on Processing.org, the Web, and the book "Visualizing Data" and the examples in the book "Learning Processing", but have only found one example of entering text which becomes pretty kludgy for my purposes: learningprocessing.com/examples/chapter-18/example-18-1 in the Learning Processing book (since I'm new to this board, it won't let me insert a link.

Thanks for your time and interest,

Mike
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1