We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › Threesixty3D Player - an OGL viewer built with p5
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Threesixty3D Player - an OGL viewer built with p5 (Read 1953 times)
Threesixty3D Player - an OGL viewer built with p5
Jul 17th, 2009, 8:05am

Hi everyone, I've finally put together a website with some informations, videos and examples of the 3D OpenGL Viewer I've built using Processing so I'm updating this thread too with recent info.

The new link is:
http://www.threesixty3d.com/player

Let me know what you think,
Michele

----

Partial feature list:

- based on the Collada 1.4.1 file format, supported by most 3D applications like Autodesk Softimage, Maya, 3dsmax, etc.;
- HDR image-based lighting, toon shaders and compositing effects like vignetting, fake (fast) chromatic aberration;
- support for polygon objects (as triangles), hierarchies, instances, normals, vertex colors, texture projections, basic material types, component clusters, textures, lights, cameras, hierarchical transforms, and more;
- user interface can be completely customized;
- objects can have multiple materials, which can be organized into presets and swapped in groups by clicking a single icon;
- scenes can have multiple camera snapshots;
- presentations can contain multiple scenes;
- camera physics and interaction range can be fully customized;
- configuration settings and data files are XML-based and can be edited manually or using additional tools;
- settings, shaders and effects can be tested interactively during the design phase;
- the following OpenGL features are supported by the Player (when available on hardware): GLSL shaders, HDR image-based lighting, toon shading, per-pixel lighting, environment mapping, anisotropic texture filtering, mipmapping and more;
- preloader that initializes and uploads data to the GPU;
- runs on every gpu that has OpenGL 1.3 or higher - shaders require OpenGL 2 or higher.
Re: 3603D - An OpenGL HDR collada viewer built with p5
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2009, 10:30am

Wow -  Very Cool!  So is this a library you're going to release?
Re: 3603D - An OpenGL HDR collada viewer built with p5
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2009, 11:58am

Hi Jeff, thanks for the positive comment. Btw the development for this viewer took a lot of time, research and work, so I don't think I'll release it as a free library for now.
-m
Re: Threesixty3D Player - an OGL viewer built with p5
Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:51am

Link and info updated in the first post.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1