We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › processing + twitter --> applet
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
processing + twitter --> applet (Read 1785 times)
processing + twitter --> applet
Jul 3rd, 2009, 2:44pm

Hi,
i've a problem with integrating my project in a website.

My processing project collects tweets and shows them on screen.
It works fine as an application, but if i export it as an applet, it doesn't work.
At first I thougt it'S a problem with jTwitter, but it's the same with twitter4j.
I also tried to make everything with eclipse, but same problem here.
Then I deleted the "twitter request part" out of my code and it worked. So I think the problem is the communication with twitter, but i don't have a clue why it works as an application and not as an applet.

I'm not allowed to post a link to the code, so i've to cipher it: WorldWideWeb[dot]literatursinn[dot]at/feelings/
Hopefully you can read it. This is there site where the applet should be, with links to the code. Maybe it helps.

Is there anything special whith applets?
Is there anyone with a similar problem?
Can anyone help me?

Thanks johannes
Re: processing + twitter --> applet
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2009, 12:04am

skagla wrote on Jul 3rd, 2009, 2:44pm:
Is there anything special whith applets
Yes

Quote:
Is there anyone with a similar problem
Yes, that's a very common problem...

Quote:
Can anyone help me
Yes.

The case is covered in Reference > Environment, under Applet Security Restrictions. You access a site different of the one serving your applet, Sun restricts this, you have to sign your applet to overcome that (to warn the user that the software he uses might send information elsewhere).
Re: processing + twitter --> applet
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2009, 7:56am

thx
jo
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1