We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Pb with successive Minim applets in a browser
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Pb with successive Minim applets in a browser (Read 1083 times)
Pb with successive Minim applets in a browser
Jul 3rd, 2009, 4:55am

Hello,

I previously posted in Programm category but it seems that my problem comes from the use of Minim Library:

I run an signed applet in a browser, in a .php page.

When I try to launch a new applet including Minim too, I receive the following message:

Sometime the corresponding applet is displaing, sometimes not.

Could someone have an idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Pb with successive Minim applets in a browser
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2009, 6:12pm

Apparently, that's the fact to close an using Minum applet page wich causes the error. And the error "java.lang.NullPointerException" makes impossible the next applet to be perfectly loaded.
[On Mac, on PC, with FireFox and Safari.]

I checked the Minim offical page, had a look at examples and had the same error.

On one hand I'm happy because my code is not as bad as I thought
On the other hand, I still don't know how to display my applets.

Does a solution exist with java or something else to solve this issue ?
Could somebody give me a direction ?

Thanks in advance.
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2009, 4:29am

I don't have a direction.  But I just ported some older sketches to Minim, and was deeply saddened when I got this same issue.  Did you find any leads?  Maybe we can track this down together.

Closest thing I found was a french forum.  But it looks like they circled back here to the thread about a Threading Issue in Minim.

(Can't link because I'm a new member.)
Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2009, 6:35am

Thanks Echidna,

I left messages on french forum codlab.fr as well and it seems that the solution should be to re-built the library changing the way to terminate the applet.
But I'm not competent enough.
I sent a message to the author of Minim one month ago.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1