We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › 3D Graph similar to plot3/surf in Matlab
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
3D Graph similar to plot3/surf in Matlab (Read 831 times)
3D Graph similar to plot3/surf in Matlab
Jul 1st, 2009, 3:46am

Hi,

I need to draw a 3D graph of several curved lines and shaded planes with effects similar to plot3 and surf functions from Matlab. It would also be great if it where possible to rotate the graph once finished.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to make this kind of graph with Processing?
Re: 3D Graph similar to plot3/surf in Matlab
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2009, 9:01am

am not familiar with matlab but i had a quick look at some surf and plot3 examples on the web and they look possible.

i'd start with getting the grid drawn in 3d space (easy enough, is just lines parallel to the three axes) and the camera positioned correctly (at n, n, n pointing towards the origin?) and then plot your points as points, get the scaling right, and worry about joining them up, colouring afterwards.

do you have matlab shots you can share so we can see?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1