We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Introduction, and some noob questions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Introduction, and some noob questions (Read 1111 times)
Introduction, and some noob questions
Jun 26th, 2009, 7:29pm

Hello all. My name is Todd Cantley. I am currently in my third year of Computer Graphic Design and the Unversity of Waikato in New Zealand. Last year our lecturer gave us a breif introduction into processing, which required us to make a poster, then later on, a form of digital life. This made me use sound libraries (ESS i tihnk it was) and some webcam recognition libraries.

Over these assignments, i feel i have a fairly basic grasp of processing and how to use it, and the various libraries. However, I have a few questions for you all.

For my final project, I was wanting to make some sort of music visualisation software, specifically targeting drums. Bascailly what I would like to know is, is there a way processing will recognise any microphones i put into the computer. Bearing in mind that i will be using four or five drum mics, running them through a mixer, and into an input box, that will then mesh them all together as one audio signal into my PC. I want processing to draw in real time, as the signals come in from the mics.

If anyone could help me out, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks alot for reading
Re: Introduction, and some noob questions
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2009, 1:31am

I know Minum (at least the last version I used) depended on the audio line in that you selected (external, Mic, wave output).

On the hardware/interfacing side, an Arduino has 6 analog inputs that you could read with the serial port.

Just one idea.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1