We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentCore,  Processing Development Environment (PDE) › How would I get involved in contributing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How would I get involved in contributing? (Read 2161 times)
How would I get involved in contributing?
Jun 26th, 2009, 11:21am

I have some changes I've made to the IDE as well as ones I'd like to add in the future that sound like they line up with what I've read on the direction things are going - Should I just create an svn patch and email it to Fry or Reas? I've sent a personal message to Fry on here but I haven't gotten a response in a couple weeks since I sent it. I think I read somewhere that he's on vacation?

Anyways, I'd really like to help out and the project says all over it that it's wanted I just need to know how!

Thanks guys,

Jack
Re: How would I get involved in contributing?
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2009, 1:38pm

Hi,

Same question. What's the criteria or process (!) to svn write access? In case the filter is tight and narrow as a needle, here's what I'd like to contribute to Editor.java, a public method:

+      public void clearConsole() {
+            console.clear();
+      }

to allow a Tool to clear the console.

Thanks,
Jusu
Re: How would I get involved in contributing?
Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2009, 5:57am

The best method is to attach code to a bug report (if it's something that's already been filed), or to file a new bug as an 'enhancement' if there's something that you want to be added.

Don't bother making a patch, just attach the .java files that have changed. And before posting, make sure the change is against the most recent version of the SVN.

I've generally not had time to read the board lately, but submissions to the bugs database reach me because I'm notified by email. As noted here, please don't send PMs.

Of course, bug fixes are especially welcome. Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1