We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › Code Completion support (Inellisense)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Code Completion support (Inellisense) (Read 2602 times)
Code Completion support (Inellisense)
Jun 19th, 2009, 1:46pm

Hi All

I am new to processing and i have wondered whether there will be code completion support within the processing IDE sometimes.

I think about intellisense support like used with eclipse or visual studio. I really like that so i sadly miss it with the processing IDE.

Tell me what you think about.

regards NaNO3

--------------------------
Sorry about my English, i am from Switzerland Smiley
Re: Code Completion support (Inellisense)
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2009, 3:27am

hi,

if you are used to Eclipse, you can use Processing from within Eclipse. There a tutorial by Daniel Shiffman here: processing.org/learning/eclipse/
Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2009, 3:41am

Hi

That looks nice thanks.

Regards
NaNO3
Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2009, 12:17am

I'm not sure that code completion is a good idea, because the processing IDE is admirably simple, and adding features such as this could clutter it up.
Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2009, 1:19am

if i had the choise i would use it. I think it would be usefull to add some more features to the IDE:
I think its not to complex compared to the complexity of eclipse for most of my projects.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1