We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
void what? (Read 341 times)
void what?
Jun 18th, 2009, 1:08pm

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out which is the command to tell processing to receive an osc message and translate it into another osc message.
for instace, when I use:

void mousePress

to tell processing that pressing the mouse then it will send a message, I don't know the argument (?) that I need to write instead of "mousePress", I thought it could be "void OscEvent" but I tried it and it doesn't work....I tried something like:

void OscEvent ("/test")

trying to obtain that when the osc msg "/test" is received by the the port that processing listens to, it will send a different osc message (obviously I need to implement the rest of the code).
I need to obtain this result for various different osc messages that will  switch the sending of as many different osc messages.

twisted english , I know...sorry
Re: void what?
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2009, 1:17pm

Trying to guess method names is like shooting Paedocypris progenetica in a barrel  Shocked

Your first port of call for any such question should be the reference.

You also shouldn't assume that Processing does what you want out of the box: you may sometimes need to resort to libraries; in this case I'd guess oscP5.  It looks like it's well documented and there are plenty of examples, so you can stop shooting fish now Wink
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1