We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › forwarding msg from port to port
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
forwarding msg from port to port (Read 280 times)
forwarding msg from port to port
Jun 14th, 2009, 3:12pm

hallo,

I'm a newbie...I wonder if there's a way to tell processing to send a OSC msg to a port just after it receives a different OSC msg from another port. the two osc mesgs are different .just knowing if this is possible would be alot. thanx
Re: forwarding msg from port to port
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2009, 3:51pm

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2009, 4:03pm

well, thanx blindfish! i guess u r talking about the Oscp5? I already installed it and used it. I managed to send OSC messages to a single app, but couldn't figure out how to send a msg to multiple ports. Could u be a little more specific...PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE!  Roll Eyes
Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2009, 4:34pm

maybe UDP multicaster? Huh
Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2009, 1:23am

I never used oscP5 but when I see something like:
OscP5 oscP5;
 /* start oscP5, listening for incoming messages at port 12000 */
 oscP5 = new OscP5(this,12000);

I think you can make another OscP5 object which will operate on another port. And use one to listen and the other for sending.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1