We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
login form (Read 681 times)
login form
Jun 14th, 2009, 3:47am

Hello,
I'm quite new with processing, so here's my question

Is there any way to make just simple login-form with it ? It doesn't have to be super-safe (just checking if two strings matches), but i hardly can see the way to make it ... So far i've only find keybord functions

any ideas ?

thanks in advance !
Re: login form
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2009, 4:32am

Since you probably want some text fields to see the text then you might consider using one of the GUI interface libraries
http://processing.org/reference/libraries/#interface
I can recommend G4P but then I am biased since I created it! Smiley
Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2009, 8:10am

[solved] - thanks a lot !
Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2009, 10:32am

Well, as I see not completely solved ;/

I made form and I'm checking login& pasword ans are able to exit if they are wrong, but how to make the window empty/or open new window when login is ok ?

Maybe i should use addButton and addTextareas somewhere out from void setup() ?

I'll be thankfull for your help.
Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2009, 11:27am

what is it for? login for a website? cause there are better ways for this than processing..
Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2009, 12:59pm

No, i'm reading data from arduino via serial port, so it's gonna be .exe not a website ...
Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2009, 7:52am

Question's still open .. Wink

And i've got another- what would be the best window size for aplication ?- As i'm doing it on res.1680x1050 i see it looks quite crappy at standard res. like 1024x768 ? Should i than just stay with size(400,400) to make it more standard ?
Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2009, 8:35am

You can aim at a comfortable 600x600 or 1000x700, it should work on most modern screens.

We don't know which GUI library you chose. But well, if it offers a way to remove or hide the controls, you should use it after successful login.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1