We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Quick question re: typing over letters in the PDE
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Quick question re: typing over letters in the PDE (Read 1207 times)
Quick question re: typing over letters in the PDE
Jun 6th, 2009, 3:44pm

Hi all,

Just got setup with Processing today, and am enjoying my first jump into coding Smiley

One thing I've noticed is that whenever I try and change a bit of code - say, change a number in a colour value - when I type letters in, it's overwriting the characters with what I type in, instead of just inserting them where the cursor is. Is there a quick keyboard shortcut I may have accidentally pressed to toggle this on and off?
Re: Quick question typing over letters in the PDE
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2009, 5:15pm

You probably pressed Einfügen / Insert, it changes your Cursor from looking like "I" to "_" and overwrites stuff insteadt of inserting...
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2009, 5:18am

yes like Cedric wrote, the key should be named "Ins"
Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2009, 9:46am

Yeah that was the first thing I tried, but pressing Insert didn't seem to do anything. Nevermind though - since closing and opening the PDE, it seems to have reset itself and is fine now Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1