We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › why is my applet not working
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
why is my applet not working? (Read 472 times)
why is my applet not working?
May 29th, 2009, 11:16am

hi, haven't had a problem with producing applets, but now I am having one and I'm wondering if it had something to do with my app using opengl.

it just never loads, you can see it here:
http://www.upsdn.ca/processing/hairExtensions01fii_3d/applet/

oh wait, I just exported a bunch of other apps and they're not working either. any ideas what might be wrong, or how to fix it?
Re: why is my applet not working?
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2009, 11:50am

actually some export and others don't. The ones that seem not be working produce a lot more jars in the applet folder. I can't seem to see any other pattern
Reply #2 - May 29th, 2009, 12:04pm

The applet seemed frozen, but after a while, I had a warning about an expired security certificate (that's for JOGLAppletLauncher, it seems to be a problem for everybody).
Then it loaded JOGL and... the applet surface was all white!

The console shows me the issue:
Quote:
The file "D:/Processing/sketches/Physics FDL graphs/animal_particles_07j/hairPlayInit.txt" is missing or inaccessible, make sure the URL is valid or that the file has been added to your sketch and is readable.

Indeed, I have no Processing folder on D: and some people might even have no D: drive!
You probably need to put this file in data folder so it is exported too (and use a relative path!).
Reply #3 - May 29th, 2009, 1:37pm

you are absolutely right. so sorry for that. sometimes it's the most obvious things.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1