We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › loading a text file
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
loading a text file (Read 698 times)
loading a text file
May 16th, 2009, 9:50pm

( apologies if this is the wrong forum. I am a bit confused about the "Syntax Questions" and "Programs" forums )

"The file "ini.txt" is missing or is inaccessible, make sure the URL is valid or that the file has been added to the sketch and is readable."

I have a file, ini.txt, inside the H:\processing\ms\ folder, where all my images and the ms.pde file are located, and which is opened upon using the ctrl+k hotkey. If it's of any significance, I'm running processing from, and H:\ is, a USB stick.
Re: loading a text file
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2009, 1:34am

If you load the file using something like loadStrings, the file must be located in a folder named data in the sketch folder.
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2009, 10:00am

I created the folder \ms\data, into which I placed the ini.txt file, but compiling still gives the same error.
Reply #3 - May 17th, 2009, 1:25pm

We might need to see the relevant piece of code.
Reply #4 - May 18th, 2009, 12:55am

couple ideas:

- did you check, after compiling, that the application folder contains the data subfolder and the needed txt? if not simply copy and paste.

- i don't know the scope of your project, but, if the data subfolder thing does not fit you, you should make a google search for "java working folder" to understand where java looks for the stuff you call.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1