We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Problem exporting OpenGL app
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problem exporting OpenGL app (Read 472 times)
Problem exporting OpenGL app
May 16th, 2009, 2:48pm

Hey

I'm very new to Processing, but I've managed to put together a simple application which uses OpenGL. However now I need to export it so I can run it on other computers, but this doesn't work. I'm doing this in Linux so I'm getting a shell script and when I run the script I get an application window, and sometimes I'll even get output from the program in the console for a second or so before it freezes, but nothing is ever rendered in the window, it's just blank.

Exporting does seem to work with other applications which doesn't use OpenGL.

Another strange thing I'm getting is that whenver I export something, "not available" is printed in the Processing console, as if that function was not available I'm guessing. But the application is still being exported when I look in the directory.

There's no error messages, it just freezes when I run it, and of course this application works fine when I run it from the Processing IDE.

So, if anyone has any idea what could be wrong here and what I could do to fix it, that would be great!
Re: Problem exporting OpenGL app
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2009, 12:39am

Solved it. Installing the Sun JRE fixed it, I was using GIJ earlier.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1