We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Problem w/ Minim and Ess - Jack Router conflict
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problem w/ Minim and Ess - Jack Router conflict? (Read 1131 times)
Problem w/ Minim and Ess - Jack Router conflict?
May 14th, 2009, 9:42pm

I've just started working with sound libraires and processing and it could be a n00b thing but I'm experiencing the same problem using both Minim and Ess.

The error is as follows:

2009-05-14 23:37:12.061 java[3169:19103] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/JackRouter.plugin/Contents/MacOS/JackRouter:  dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/JackRouter.plugin/Contents/MacOS/JackRouter,
262): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Jack.framework/Versions/A/Jack
 Referenced from: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/JackRouter.plugin/Contents/MacOS/JackRouter
 Reason: image not found
2009-05-14 23:37:12.064 java[3169:19103] Cannot find function pointer MyFactory for factory FAFCAFC3-BAE8-11D6-B4A8-00039315CD46 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x1d6880 </Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/JackRouter.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)

It occurs when:
  • initializing Ess: Code:
    Ess.start(this); 

• calling Minims loadfile(): Code:
    player = minim.loadFile( "groove.wav" ); 

Any thoughts why Jack Router is apparently conflicting with these two libraries?

BTW, compiled applications using both libraries appear to work on this machine -- something specific to compile time I suppose?

Thanks!

Re: Problem w/ Minim and Ess - Jack Router conflict?
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2009, 11:48am

In this case the most obvious solution was the correct one: backup and remove the file causing the conflict. Not sure what the long term effects will be but then again I don't recall using Jack Router in the past year so it's probably fine.

However, this did not fix my other problem: no audio would play. I figured the the audio output problems were related to the above conflict: apparently not.

But I took nillion42's suggestion from the thread "Minim problem... I can't hear ANYTHING" (I would post a link but apparently Im not allowed to yet)

Where nillion42 suggests
"Go to /Library/Java/Extensions  and take the two files called libMandoMixerOEMAJNILib.jar and libMandoMixerOEMAJNILib.jnilib, move them to some other directory, restart processing and try again. "

This suggestion worked for me.
Hopefully this information will help someone else encountering these problems. Please elaborate if you know a better fix!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1