We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Creating a Treemap from an XML file
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Creating a Treemap from an XML file (Read 386 times)
Creating a Treemap from an XML file
May 11th, 2009, 5:18pm

Dear fellow Processing Programmers,

I have a project that is way over my head.  I was wondering if anyone could help.

I have successfully ran Ben Fry's program from the Visualizing Data book on his Treemap of a specific file structure and which one takes up the most space.  I want to do a similar program using an XML file.

This file is made up of Knowledge Areas, containg Units, containg Topics, containing Objectives.  (all of course have their own attributes as well) I would like to zoom in and out of these structures.  However, I don't even know the first place to start in integrating the previous program from the book with my file.  

If anyone has done anything similar to what I am asking, or could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate all the help I can get.  I would also really appreciate if a dialogue could be struck-up via email, so just let me know if any of you good programmers would help newbie in need.

Thank you to all who reply.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1