We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › What will be the best approach
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
What will be the best approach? (Read 554 times)
What will be the best approach?
May 10th, 2009, 7:51am

Hey all, I'm progressing towards making a program that should automatically print the texture of a room once it detects movement within it face. Quark has helped me tackling a technical texture glitch, this question is more on the general side; what would be the smartest way to go?

Currently my flowchart looks as follows:

1. Determine in which face texture change has occurred

2. Draw the minimal 'square' quad according to the perspective of this face that contains the change in texture

3. Revert the perspective of this quad

4. Send print job

My question concerns 1 & 2. (3 works, thanks to Quark) I'm currently using old school geometric math to check whether the point is inside a quad. (I will only test for the farthest faces -- from within the cube) Is there a smarter way?
Re: What will be the best approach?
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2009, 3:55pm

Im not sure if i am the only one. But dont understand a word of what youve said.
I would like to help but maybe you can try to explain it again. Whats printing a texture of a room? Movement within it face ?! Face?! Flowchart, where,what?

Like i said, i would like to help but ive no clue what thats about.
Re: What will be the best approach?
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2009, 9:32pm

cube > faces

after I do A, I do B > 'flow' chart, or more a sequenced todo list in this case.

Regarding this topic, the printing part is not relevant yet; I want a clean way to detect where change has occurred in the image (using the frame differencing example?) and then draw a perspective warped rectangle that contains the changed pixels. How this rectangle is transformed depends on the overlay of a 3D cube (This would've been a good idea to mention in the previous post indeed Wink). This 3D box is only needed to hint the perspective in the room captured by the webcam.

http://tiemen.pruts.nl/files/pics/cube.png
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1